All Fun Facts >> Syllable Facts: Part 2
Fun Syllable Facts
- Flower has 2 syllables in it, while flour only has 1 syllable!
- Pennsylvania and Louisiana are the only states in the U.S.A. with 5 syllables in their names.
- North Carolina and South Carolina are also 5 syllables, but they are each two words.
- Queueing is the only word in English that contains 5 consecutive vowels!
- The longest 1-syllable words have 9 letters.
- They are: screeched, stretched, scrunched, scratched, & scrounged.
- Cwm, crwth, & cwtch are the only words in English with no vowels!
Cite This Source
Do You Know
when to say
Were, Where, and We're?