All Fun Facts >> Word Facts: Part 4
Fun Word Facts
- The opposite of déjà vu is jamais-vu.
- Snaste is the used, leftover part of a candlewick.
- Words starting with the letter U used to always have “an” in front of them.
- Today most words that start with a U have an “a” in front.
- Learn the rules for A & An that we use today.
- The US constitution says, “Congress shall develop an uniform rule of immigration and naturalization.”
- This is not correct by the grammar rules we use today.
- The word “alphabet” comes from Alpha & Beta, the first two letters of the Greek alphabet.
- 80% of all the information stored on computers is in English.
Cite This Source
Do You Know
when you should say
A and An?