FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Apple” One or Two Syllables?
- Apple is two syllables.
- Why is apple 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Apple divided into syllables: ap-ple
- Apple pronounced: ap-uhl
- The two vowel sounds are:
- A sound that comes from "ap"
- U sound that comes from "uhl"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Apple"
Cwm, crwth, & cwtch are the
only words with no vowels!