FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Crocodile” Three Syllables or Four?
- Crocodile is three syllables.
- Why is crocodile 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Crocodile divided into syllables: croc-o-dile
- Crocodile pronounced: krok-uh-dahyl
- The three vowel sounds are:
- O sound that comes from "krok"
- U sound that comes from "uh"
- I sound that comes from "dahylh"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Crocodile"
80% of all the data stored on
computers is in English.