FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Difference” Two or Three Syllables?
- Difference is three syllables.
- Why is difference 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Difference divided into syllables: dif-fer-ence
- Difference pronounced: dif-er-ens
- The three vowel sounds are:
- I sound that comes from "dif"
- E sound that comes from "er"
- E sound that comes from "ens"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Difference"
The word “happy” is used
three-times more than “sad.”