FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Fireman” Two or Three Syllables?
- Fireman is two syllables.
- Why is fireman 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Fireman divided into syllables: fire-man
- Fireman pronounced: fire-mun
- The two vowel sounds are:
- I sound that comes from "fire"
- U sound that comes from "mun"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Fireman"
Bookkeeper has three
double letters: oo, kk, ee