FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Orange” One or Two Syllables?
- Orange is two syllables.
- Why is orange 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Orange divided into syllables: or-ange
- Orange pronounced: or-anj
- The two vowel sounds are:
- O sound that comes from "or"
- A sound that comes from "ange"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Orange"
Queueing is the only word that
contains 5 consecutive vowels!