FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Police” One or Two Syllables?
- Police is two syllables.
- Why is police 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Police divided into syllables: po-lice
- Police pronounced: puh-lees
- The two vowel sounds are:
- U sound that comes from "puh"
- E sound that comes from "lees"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Police"
Spain, France, Greece, & Chad
4 countries, 1 syllable each