FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Really” Two or Three Syllables?
- Really is three syllables.
- Why is really 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Really divided into syllables: re-al-ly
- The "e" and the "a" each have a unique vowel sound.
- Really pronounced: ree-al-lee
- The three vowel sounds are:
- E sound that comes from "ree"
- A sound that comes from "al
- E sound that comes from "lee"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Really"
Vacuum has 3 syllables: