FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Squirrel” Two or Three Syllables?
- Squirrel is two syllables.
- Why is squirrel 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Squirrel divided into syllables: squir-rel
- Squirrel pronounced: skwer-el
- The two vowel sounds are:
- E sound that comes from "skwer"
- E sound that comes from "el"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Squirrel"
No English words rhyme