FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Squirrels” Two or Three Syllables?
- Squirrels is two syllables.
- Why is squirrels 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Squirrels divided into syllables: squir-rels
- Squirrels pronounced: skwer-els
- The two vowel sounds are:
- E sound that comes from "skwer"
- E sound that comes from "els"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Squirrels"
Monosyllabic means a word
with 1 syllable.