FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Unicorn” Two or Three Syllables?
- Unicorn is three syllables.
- Why is unicorn 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Unicorn divided into syllables: u-ni-corn
- Unicorn pronounced: yoo-nuh-korn
- The three vowel sounds are:
- OO sound that comes from "yoo"
- U sound that comes from "nuh"
- O sound that comes from "korn"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Unicorn"
CHECKBOOK is the longest
horizontally symmetrical word.