FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Usually” Three Syllables or Four?
- Usually is four syllables.
- Why is usually 4 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Usually divided into syllables: u-su-al-ly
- Usually pronounced: yoos-yoo-ah-lee
- The four vowel sounds are:
- OO sound that comes from "yoos"
- OO sound that comes from "yoo"
- A sound that comes from "ah"
- E sound that comes from "lee"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Usually"
Spain, France, Greece, & Chad
4 countries, 1 syllable each