FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Vegetables” Three Syllables or Four?
- Vegetables is three syllables.
- Why is vegetables 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Vegetables divided into syllables: vege-ta-bles
- Vegetables pronounced: vej-tah-buls
- The three vowel sounds are:
- E sound that comes from "vej"
- A sound that comes from "tah"
- U sound that comes from "buls"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Vegetables"
Adding 1 letter to some words
can add 2 syllables!