FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Water” One or Two Syllables?
- Water is two syllables.
- Why is water 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Water divided into syllables: wa-ter
- Water pronounced: wah-ter
- The two vowel sounds are:
- A sound that comes from "wah"
- E sound that comes from "ter"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Water"
Oology = the study of eggs
is the shortest “-ology” word.