All Fun Facts >> Word Facts: Part 3
Fun Word Facts
- Adding 1 letter to some words can add 2 syllables!
- are & area
- lien & alien
- smile & simile
- LOL became an official word in 2011, when it was added to the Oxford English Dictionary.
- The letters in “spoon-feed” are in reverse alphabetical order.
- Oology is the shortest “-ology” word in English.
- CHECKBOOK is the longest horizontally symmetrical word in English.
Cite This Source
Do You Know
Writing a quote?
Which should you use
' ' or " "