FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Alligator” Three Syllables or Four?
- Alligator is four syllables.
- Why is alligator 4 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Alligator divided into syllables: al-li-ga-tor
- Alligator pronounced: a-li-gey-tor
- The four vowel sounds are:
- A sound that comes from "A"
- I sound that comes from "li"
- E sound that comes from "gey"
- O sound that comes from "tor"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Alligator"