FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Elephant” Two or Three Syllables?
- Elephant is three syllables.
- Why is elephant 3 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Elephant divided into syllables: el-e-phant
- Elephant pronounced: el-ef-ant
- The three vowel sounds are:
- E sound that comes from "el"
- E sound that comes from "ef"
- A sound that comes from "ant"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Elephant"
The opposite of déjà vu is