FAQ's >> Question >> Quiz
Is “Firemen” Two or Three Syllables?
- Firemen is two syllables.
- Why is firemen 2 syllables?
- A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.
- read the full definition of a syllable: here
- Firemen divided into syllables: fire-men
- Firemen pronounced: fire-men
- The two vowel sounds are:
- I sound that comes from "fire"
- E sound that comes from "men"
Cite This Source
Explore the word "Firemen"
The longest one-syllable
words have 9 letters!